Wednesday, May 26, 2010

today's non-existant agenda

I'm not feeling too well today so I'll just take it easy. I went out and walked through Meiji Park. I ate a sad excuse for lunch.
Now I'm going to do my laundry and relax.

I got this weird notice stuck in my door from Sagawa Transport Company. I have no idea what it says but I have deciphered that it is a missed delivery notice of a bill of some kind. It definitely does not have my name on it. -_-

Adventure in Guest House!
After the weirdo notice I decided to try to do laundry and make myself some curry. Being in the land of curry I thought making curry would be easy. I was partially correct. I picked up the supplies and set off to make said curry, figuring that I could also laundry at the same time.
Hah! Laundry! Hah!
I put in what felt to me like 4.5kg which was the capacity of the washer. I exchanged enough coins to be able to laundry properly. Or so I thought.
In the middle of the rinse cycle the thing stops and hasn't worked since. So my clothes are sitting in there, sopping wet, while this shitty machine is totally broken. Awesome. I tried to wring them out as much as possible, and put them in the dryer. I put them in for an hour, splitting them apart so as to hopefully dry faster. That was over an hour ago. I'm not going to use this washer in the future, it's garbage. I've wasted probably 1000Y in coins just trying to get this thing to work, but it's now (two hours later) STILL not dry. I don't know quite what to do about this terrible machine, but I guess I'll just keep trying. One of the lovely fellows who happened upon my terrible laundry catastrophe told me not to worry about the machine. They are old and they break. He also told me not to worry about this random notice, Sakura House will deal with it. How'd the guy get in anyways? I was wondering that myself. As I was making curry, the two gentlemen from Montreal came back from job hunting. Evidently they assumed that they could just arrive here and find a job. Great idea guys! And they don't have degrees nor do they speak any Japanese or fantastic English. Oh lord. So they were trying to figure out how to gyoza so I showed them. As I was showing them, the other guy from Canada whom I'd been introduced to at the magical midnight all night on the night of my arrival party showed up. Someone had stolen his gyoza out of the fridge. No one had any answers on the washer, but all agreed that this place is a shithole. We also had some pretty awesome other conversations and I feel good about some of the people who live here. I've only met maaaaaybe 5 or 6 out of everyone on this floor, some people are not very friendly. I'm hoping my laundry finishes itself please jesus because I'm running out of coins. And I don't really have anywhere in my room to hang it. that will be next, figuring out how to hang it so it dries overnight in this room... oi.

This weekend is a Tokyo Decadance party at Trunp Room. The really tall Canadian guy who I met before was talking about how awesome Trunp Room is as a place to party. I think he's a little weary of me because I wasn't all "LEMME GET REALLY DRUNK WHEN IVE JUST SHOWED UP" on that day when I met him but he doesn't seem to care too much. He's a freelance graphic designer who just happens to live in Tokyo. He really likes the music and the party, I think, so that's probably why he's here. Yesterday the heavy accented British guy who teaches English to tiny children showed me a picture of his tiny child. He has a wife out in the suburbs and is teaching English to bring home some cash. He also commented on how awful this place is.

I'm not quite sure how all these pieces fit into place yet, but when I figure it out, my laundry will probably be dry.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting your laundry to dry! :3 I'm sorry that your place of stayin' isn't great.

    ReplyDelete